rseys 2020rseys 2020 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 11
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Monica Puig has now earned a spot in Puerto Ricos history books. Adam Engel Jersey . And she will be named in the same sentence along some of the islands legends.Puig won the womens tennis tournament at the 2016 Summer Olympics. It is Puerto Ricos first gold medal in 68 years of competition at the Summer Olympics.In fact, Puig is the first woman representing Puerto Rico to win an Olympic medal. Prior to her victory, Puerto Rico had previously won eight medals in the Summer Olympics -- six bronzes and two silvers, all by male athletes.Its amazing, Im so proud to be part of history, Puig said. It hasnt hit me just yet, but Im aware that one day Ill look back and maybe add a little value to what just happened.As soon as reality hits Puig, she will add a whole lot more value to what happened in Rio. She arrived as a heavy underdog who was ranked No. 34 in the world. It didnt matter. She took down Garbine Muguruza -- the 2016 French Open champion -- in the quarterfinals. Then Puig knocked out Petra Kvitova, who later would win bronze, in the semifinals.And maybe this will be a little sweeter when Puig realizes the impact of her defeat of second-seeded Angelique Kerber in three sets (6-4, 4-6, 6-1) to earn her place in history with a gold medal.I didnt lose, Kerber said. She beat me. She played close to perfection, made very few mistakes. She was everywhere. It was impressive.Impressive as in losing only two sets in the entire tournament.This medal has given me a huge boost in confidence, said Puig, who has never reached the quarterfinals in a Grand Slam tournament. I hope to really keep this momentum in the upcoming tournaments.Before the gold-medal match, the 22-year-old Puig kept her cool despite feeling a bit anxious. After doing video research of Kerber, she entered Centre Court on a mission.I knew it. If I didnt win, it would hurt me for four long years, Puig said. I played with all of my heart and soul. I had enormous faith in myself. It just raised my game to a whole new level. Harold Baines Jersey . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Jeff Keppinger Jersey . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. http://www.whitesoxteamshop.com/White-Sox-Jose-Abreu-Kids-Jersey/ . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Armel Potter scored 21 points on 8-of-10 shooting and Charleston Southern built a large first half lead and cruised to a 100-53 win over Johnson & Wales (NC) on Saturday night.Potter also finished with a game-high seven assists. Patrick Wallace and Jamar Martin each added 12 points for the Buccaneers (4-4), who shot 57.8 percent from the floor and buried 12 3-pointers.Majerle Poole led the USCAA Independent Wildcats with 15 points, who struggled to just 40.8 percent shoooting while committing 19 turnovers as a team. Nellie Fox Jersey. Charleston Southern jumped out to a 16-7 lead within the first four minutes and closed the opening period on a 29-6 run to lead 51-22 at the half. A Martin 3-pointer 45 seconds into the second half pushed the Buccaneers lead past 30 and a Jordan Jones layup stretched it 93-43, the largest lead of the night. Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys StoreWholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys From China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Hoodies Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '
Share: