India would see him remain at a team pushing hard to finish fourth in this years constructors championship.When asked if Force | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 23
MILWAUKEE -- Archie Bradley had a plan and worked it perfectly. Cheap Maury Wills Jersey .Bradley pitched seven solid innings, Yasmany Tomas had two homers and five RBI and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Milwaukee Brewers 8-1 on Wednesday night.I wanted to be more aggressive and attack the zone more than I usually do, Bradley said. Come out the gate and throw strikes. Get our defense off the field and into the batters box.Bradley (4-6) allowed one run on four hits, walked three and struck out six in his longest start since going 7 1/3 innings in a 6-3 win over the San Diego Padres on May 29.Bradley, a 23-year-old right-hander, allowed Jonathan Villars lead-off double and nothing else until Hernan Perez hit a soft liner to right with two outs in the fifth. Perezs sacrifice fly in the seventh spoiled the shutout.He was painting, Perez said. He was hitting the corners. He was mixing his pitches. (Catcher Welington) Castillo called a great game. His curveball was sharp. He threw the ball wherever he wanted.Tomas and Castillo turned in two key plays in the first to help Bradley out.Scooter Gennett followed Villar with a walk, and then Ryan Braun lined out to Tomas in right. Gennett hustled back to the bag trying to beat Tomas throw, but after a 1:55 review, the safe call was overturned. Castillo then threw out Villar trying to steal third with two outs.The first inning was out of The Twilight Zone. Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. It is not something Ive ever seen. It was just strange.Tomas supplied all the power. The Brewers season-high five errors -- three by right fielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis and two by shortstop Villar -- did the rest.After capping a five-run first inning with a three-run shot, Tomas produced his fifth multihomer game this season when he sliced an 0-2 pitch from starter Jimmy Nelson (6-9) over the wall in right for a two-run shot in the fifth that put the game out of reach.Every time he takes a swing, its dangerous, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. He swings with bad intentions. He looks confident. Hes getting pitches to hit late in the count and hes using the whole field.Nelson left two batters after Tomas shot in his shortest start since going 3 2/3 innings on June 15th against San Francisco.Nelson matched his career high of eight runs for the third time. He walked two, struck out seven and slipped to 1-6 over his last 10 starts.Randall Delgado took over for Bradley and pitched two scoreless innings of relief.TEACHABLE MOMENTBefore the Diamondbacks batted in the third, Counsell took Villar out of the game. Counsell wasnt upset with his two errors in the top of the first, but rather Villar getting caught trying to steal third in the bottom half of the inning.Thats just something he has to improve on, Counsell said. He understands he made a mistake. Well just move forward from it.DIAMONDBACK SUCCESSArizona is 15-9 in its last 24 games against the Brewers.GREINKE UPDATERHP Zack Greinke (left oblique strain) is scheduled to make a rehab start for the Rookie-level AZL Diamondbacks on Friday at Salt River Fields. His pitch count is 60 pitches, up from the 40 he threw in a bullpen session at Miller Park on Tuesday. Manager Chip Hale said Greinke felt great during the bullpen.Greinke will ramp up to 80 pitches following Fridays outing, possibly with Arizona.Well see how he feels after 60, Hale said. Then, can we afford to have a guy thats only going 80, 85 pitches for us with how our bullpen looks? Eighty from Zack Greinke is pretty good.The right-hander is 10-3 with a 3.62 ERA in 17 starts and has been on the disabled list since July 3.TRAINERS ROOMDiamondbacks: CF A.J. Pollock still aims to play this season after fracturing his right elbow in an exhibition game April 1. The Diamondbacks are hoping Pollock can be cleared to play games in the next couple of weeks. As long as hes been out, youd start all the way at the bottom and then work your way up, Hale said, referring to Pollocks possible rehab assignments. Pollock fractured the same elbow in 2010 and missed the entire season.Brewers: RHP Jacob Barnes was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow soreness. ... RHP Michael Blazek was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: LHP Robbie Ray (5-9, 4.93 ERA) makes his first career start and appearance against the Brewers. Hes struck out five or more in 19 consecutive starts, tied with Miamis Jose Fernandez for the longest streak in the majors this season.Brewers: RHP Zach Davies (7-4, 3.64) looks for his 10th quality start facing the Diamondbacks for the first time. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Cheap Mike Piazza Jersey . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-babe-herman-jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. A lot has changed for Sergio Perez in three years. Consigned to F1s scrapheap by McLaren three years ago, the Mexican driver has become one of the hottest commodities on the grid having revived his career at Force India.His career turnaround has been so significant that he has been a major player in this years driver market, even if he had a contract with Force India all along. Perezs unwillingness to publicly commit to another year came as his sponsors explored other options up and down the grid -- notably Williams and Renault. In Monza he said he had decided on what he wanted to do, and that it was what I always wanted.Speaking about his decision, Perez told ESPN: Its not easy, especially not knowing where youre going to be in the future and so on. Its your career and you keep asking a lot of questions to yourself - can it be better, or worse? But Im happy with my decision and I know its the best one for my career.The decision is expected to be another season at Force India -- putting Perez into an enviable position. That year will give him time to assess the lie of the land under 2017s big regulation changes at a team which continues to move up the pecking order and, as many observers have noted, put him in prime position for a 2018 seat at Ferrari without potentially damaging his current standing at a Renault team with no guarantees of being truly competitive next season.Flavour of the monthFormula One can be a fickle business, something Perez encapsulates better than most of his peers on the grid. Dropped by McLaren after one disappointing campaign in 2013, a career full of so much promise and potential seemed to have stalled prematurely.Vijay Mallya saved Perezs career in 2014, signing the driver who had been so impressive at Sauber in 2012. He scored a podium apiece in 2014 and 2015, but still seemed to be firmly in the shadow of Force India teammate Nico Hulkenberg -- who won the Le Mans 24 Hours for Porsche last season.The 2016 campaign has changed all that. His podiums in Monaco and Baku are among the best drives of the season, a glimpse of what might have been had his first year at McLaren not coincided with the teams first year without a top three finish since 1980.Asked if there was value in being flavour of the month in F1 when it came to the driver market, he said: Thats the case, definitely. Its a funny sport. But its Formula One, you are racing against the best. We are 22, but theres probably ten of us who are a really competing on a very close level of racing.Only one tenth would separate us, you know, in those top ten drivers in the paddock. So its not easy to stay here and carve out a long career. You have to work hard and give yourself a chance to work the best. If you dont perform quick enough you may not survive; its very rare that people survive in Formula One without the results. I didnt have the results at McLaren and I didnt stay. I have the results now and people think differently of you - its just the way the game works.For Perez, McLarens treatment of him in 2013 has played a big part in his career resurgence at Force India.Ive grown so much after my McLaren period, thats been important in my career. I had a tough time there and managed to overcome those problems at McLaren. It was close to finishing me very early on in my career. So it was great to be able to come back stronger... what doesnt killl you makes you stronger. Cheap Kirk Gibson Jersey. Thats what McLaren did to me, my time at McLaren, it just made me grow as a racing driver, as a person, right now Im much more complete.Right place, right timePerezs own teammate is a good example of this changing nature of F1 driver perceptions. After winning the Le Mans last year, Hulkenbergs name was among those mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari along with Valtteri Bottas and Daniel Ricciardo. Perez, who was part of the Ferrari Academy until leaving for McLaren in 2013, was never a part of the conversation.Though a long shot for the Ferrari drive in 2016, Hulkenberg has frequently had to field questions about whether his best chance at a big move has passed him by. Despite being highly rated in the paddock the German is still waiting to stand on an F1 podium, something which has further magnified Perezs own success in the last three seasons.But Perez thinks the constant pressure of thinking about big drives is something which can hurt a driver and says it is something he has had to learn to ignore.When I was a bit younger I used to be obsessed with that, what would be available and what would not, and not enjoy so much the moment. Right now Im so bothered at all. My main focus is to enjoy the present... now I always know what Im doing next year I try to enjoy the moment, you know? In life, it changes all the time, so the most important thing is to enjoy the present.Asked if that obsession affected his driving when he was at McLaren in 2013, he said: It wasnt that, but theres a lot of pressure, very big pressure. You feel that maybe you might be out of the business, you might have missed your big chance... what you have to do is just get on with your job, enjoy it and remember how lucky you are to be part of this life. Thats it, enjoy life and get on with it.In the hands of sponsorsHis sponsors played a key role in the uncertainty around his future. The Mexican group of businesses have been with him since the start of his career and control his destiny, in conjunction with Perezs wishes. But Perez denies it is a case of business over passion when deciding his future - both he and his backers want to one day land in a car capable of winning a world championship.At the end of the day everything is down to the results, and results is the passion that drives us. The sponsors are here because they want to win with me, they have big ambitions, thats why we decide together. Im lucky to have sponsors who understand the sport and thats why its great we can decide together.Its important sponsors are happy and theyre willing to support the project - and they are [for his 2017 decision]. Im very happy because things are going in the right direction.A move to Renault or Williams in 2017 would have been uncertain, while staying at Force India would see him remain at a team pushing hard to finish fourth in this years constructors championship.When asked if Force India could maintain this years impressive form in 2017, and therefore cope with splitting resources this year, Perez hinted at his final decision, saying: No, I dont think so, I think we are going up. This team is going to keep improving and thats why its a great place to be... ' ' '
Share: