oach Craig Bellamy and spent the afternoon with him, picking his brain.ddddddddddddut | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xf
xf Jun 23
WASHINGTON -- With John Wall sitting out the second game of a back-to-back on Saturday night, part of an effort to ease the All-Star point guards return from offseason surgery on each knee, the Washington Wizards will be counting on Bradley Beal to lead them.Beal just wants to make sure he doesnt try to do too much in Walls absence.What the Wizards and Beal would love to see is the same sort of go-to-the-basket style he displayed while scoring 20 of his 28 points after halftime Friday night, helping Washington give new coach Scott Brooks his first victory with the team, 95-92 over the Atlanta Hawks.The key Saturday at the Orlando Magic, Beal said, will be for him to not feel like Ive got to take over and do everything.Beal averaged only 14 points during Washingtons 0-3 start, never getting more than 15, and Brooks said before facing Atlanta he considered that his fault for not giving his young shooting guard enough opportunities.Hes going to have a breakout game sooner or later, Brooks said, nearly 2 hours before tipoff. Hopefully its tonight.How prescient.Before an announced crowd of only 14,663 -- nearly 5,000 fewer people than were at Wednesdays home opener against Toronto -- Beal made 13 of 14 free throws.He was attacking, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. Hes such a great shooter that you have to take that away. He may have just been more aggressive at getting to the rim.Atlanta cut the deficit to 95-92 and inbounded the ball after a timeout with 11.7 seconds left, but Kyle Korver missed a 3-point try with 3.6 seconds left with Markieff Morris in his face.Wall had 21 points, 10 rebounds and six assists, now just four assists shy of breaking Hall of Fame center Wes Unselds franchise career mark.But that will have to wait until at least Monday, when Washington hosts the Houston Rockets.Part of his rehab plan was to be real cognizant of his minutes, Brooks said. He might not play in the first few second games of back-to-back nights, the coach added, explaining: Thats all fluid.Brooks deflected a question about whether rookie Tomas Satoransky would start Saturday in Walls place, but did say, Theres a good chance.Wall said hell spend his day off doing some of the same rehab work he did during the offseason and joked about the game at Orlando: I might be the head coach.Its just something I have to do if I want to play a long career in this league, Wall said. Coach believes in me and my teammates understand what I have to go through. When Im out there, Im going to give 110 percent effort.TIP-INSHawks: Korver finished 1 for 9 from the field, including 1 for 6 on 3s. ... Atlanta has at least 10 steals in every game this season.Wizards: Walls streak of 16 consecutive games with at least 10 assists, dating to last season, ended. It was the longest active such run in the league.SLOW STARTAtlanta missed its first nine shots and shot only 29 percent from the field in the first half -- including just 2 of 15 on 3-point attempts. It trailed 48-35 at halftime. There will be times where the ball feels like soap, Paul Millsap said. There will be times when theres a lid on the basket.WHATS IN RESERVE?Atlantas reserves outscored Washingtons 33-8. The Wizards bench players wound up with the exact same number of points and personal fouls.UP NEXTHawks: Host the Houston Rockets on Saturday.Wizards: Travel to face Orlando on Saturday.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich [url=http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/]Cheap Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys[/url] . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. [url=http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/]Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys[/url] . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. [url=http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/...luis-gonzalez-jersey]http:///...luis-gonzalez-jersey[/url] . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. [url=http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/]Wholesale Diamondbacks Jerseys[/url] . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. [url=http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/...randy-johnson-jersey]Cheap Randy Johnson Jersey[/url] . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Socceroo great Harry Kewell has revealed his coaching aspirations, and hes thinking big.In Melbourne on Tuesday to receive Professional Footballers Australias highest honour - the Alex Tobin Medal for outstanding contribution to the sport - Kewell said hed like to coach where no Australian manager has been before.My ultimate goal is Liverpool, said the precociously talented winger, who played in the English Premier League and World Cup during an incredible but injury-blighted career.But the path that Kewell will take as he attempts to get there is anyones guess.The 38-year-old is presently Watfords under 23 coach, and has previously given half-hearted interest in an A-League coaching gig.Youve got to learn your trade, he said, before comparing the coaching pathway to his own playing route.When youre starting out do you start out working your way through the reserve team, go out on loan and start at a lower level?Or do you just get thrown into the deep end and play in the premiership?You dont know unless you get thrown in there. Im a big believer in sink or swim.Im a big dreamer. You might as well go to the top. You want to dream big, you dream big.On his whistle-stop visit back to Melbourne, Kewell revealed he sought out phenomenal Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy and spent the afternoon with him, picking his brain.ddddddddddddut it seems Kewell is unlikely to find himself coaching in Australia any time soon.He distanced himself from opportunities at expansion A-League clubs, likely to enter the league in 2018/19, or other opportunities in Australia.Hes more concerned that the standard of the league is maintained after coming on in great strides.I think (expansion) is fantastic. As long as youve got players, he said.At the moment youve got a good league happening. Its interesting now. I watch it every weekend. Thats what you want.You dont want to create an extra two teams and they become weak links because theyre just filling numbers.The next ones that come in, theyll take from Melbourne Heart and take whats from Western Sydney and I presume theyd learn from both of them and hopefully then the next (team) can have a bit more of an impact again.As far as me, I dont know.I just worry about my coaching. Ill just keep working and working until I get my opportunity. ' ' ' 
Share: