do what I think is right.Marshall and San Fra | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 18
Former NBA star Amare Stoudemire will continue his basketball career in Israel. Cheap Adidas Running Shoes NZ .The 14-year veteran announced Monday that he has signed a two-year contract with Israeli team Hapoel Jerusalem.?As part of the agreement,?Stoudemire will sell his shares in the club to Dr. Ori Allon, president and majority owner of Hapoel Jerusalem.Im sure everyone has been documenting my journey with the homeland the past six, seven years, my interest in Israel. At this moment, that dream has come true, Stoudemire said at a news conference at Madison Square Garden.Stoudemire, a six-time All-Star, announced his retirement from the NBA last week after signing a contract with the New York Knicks.Stoudemires agent, Happy Walters, said Stoudemire had several NBA offers from non-playoff teams, but he decided after some reflection that it was time to retire from the league.Its been a great ride, Stoudemire said Monday. I played 14 years in this NBA and I was able to have a successful career. I persevered through a lot, stayed focused. My determination was always there.Stoudemire described Hapoel as a team that Im looking forward to playing with, a team thats looking forward to my arrival. ... So Im excited about the next journey.He acknowledged that the decision to join Hapoel was an emotional one because it meant uprooting his wife and children. Stoudemire and his family have traveled to Israel frequently, which Stoudemire said should make the transition easier. Stoudemire also went on a religious pilgrimage of sorts in the summer of 2010 to explore his Hebrew roots, which he says exist through his mother Carrie. That factored into Stoudemires decision to sign with Hapoel.Playing with Jerusalem -- it allows me to take care of both -- a spiritual journey and also being able to take care of my professional career, Stoudemire said.Added Allon, the majority owner: The whole city of Jerusalem is celebrating right now. Its going to be an amazing two years with Amare.Stoudemire, 33, averaged 18.9 points and 7.8 rebounds in 846 games in 14 seasons with Phoenix, New York, Dallas and Miami. The 6-foot-10 big man was selected to two All-NBA first teams after turning pro out of high school, rising to prominence first as the NBAs rookie of the year in 2003, then as part of a devastating pick-and-roll combo with Steve Nash.?He referenced Nash on Monday, saying the duo changed basketball during their Suns years.Stoudemires time in New York was impacted by several injuries, including multiple knee ailments. He said Monday that his knees are completely healthy.I was healthy all season (in 2015-16), Stoudemire said. My body felt great. Adidas Shoes NZ . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Wholesale Stan Smith NZ From China . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. http://www.wholesalestansmithnz.com/ . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. --?Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall, who was the only Broncos player to kneel during the national anthem before last Thursday nights season opener, announced Wednesday he will donate $300 for each tackle he makes this season to Denver charities.Marshall made his announcement on Instagram, posting with a picture of himself and Denver police chief Robert C. White. Marshall met with White on Tuesday.In part, Marshalls announcement said:On Thursday, Sept. 8, I took a knee for the National Anthem to take a stand against social injustice. My intent was not to offend anyone but rather to simply raise awareness and create some dialogue toward affecting positive change in our communities. In the last week, Ive had a lot of productive conversations with people I respect, including Chief White of the Denver Police Department. I really appreciate all of them taking the time to listen to me and offer some insight and feedback on ways we can all make a difference. Ive also had a lot of time to personally reflect on important issues such as race and gender equality, the treatment of our military veterans, our relationship with law enforcement, educational opportunities for our youth, and many more. I recognize and applaud the significant progress that has been made in these areas made possible only through the hard work of so many dedicated leadeers. Cheap Stan Smith NZ Shoes. But, its clear there is so more work to be done by all of us. Together, we all need to Stand Up for change. This starts with me.People will be able to track the donations on social media with #TackleChange, Marshall said.Marshall told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that his visit with White was productive.I think I grasped, have more understanding of what they go through, the trials and tests of what it is to be a police officer, he said. And he kind of got my side as well, how some people are feeling as well.Marshall said earlier this week that in the days since the season opener, ?hes heard from people on both sides of the debate. He has lost two endorsements as a result of kneeling during the anthem -- the Air Academy Credit Union as well as the communications company CenturyLink -- and said he intended to keep kneeling.Its not going to make me lose any sleep, Marshall said of the lost endorsements. I understand there will be things that come up, criticism and support. I just have to do what I think is right.Marshall and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick?were teammates at the University of Nevada. Kaepernick started the debate when he did not stand for the national anthem in a preseason game. ? ' ' '
Share: