joyous scenes of winning the world | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 May 16
MINNEAPOLIS -- After spending much of the first half of the season in the cellar, the Minnesota Twins became an afterthought in the American League. Cheap NCAA Football Jerseys .Minnesota is giving the rest of the AL something to think about now as a playoff spoiler with some minor league call-ups getting more of a chance in the lineup.Tyler Duffey pitched six effective innings and Minnesota took advantage of two misplays by center fielder Carlos Gomez in a three-run fifth that sent the Twins past the Houston Astros 3-1 on Monday night.Eddie Rosario had three hits for Minnesota, which won for the seventh time in nine games.With 50 games, weve got to keep playing. Kind of enjoying what were doing right now, for the most part, manager Paul Molitor said. I think theres a lot of energy, guys are having fun, a lot of joking going around, which is good as long as the focus is where it needs to be.Since July 2, Minnesota has gone 21-12 and leads the majors in runs, hits, doubles and triples. The victory Monday pulled the Twins ahead of Tampa Bay and out of last place in the overall AL standings.Minnesota is still last in the AL Central.Gomez, the former Twins outfielder, let Jorge Polancos single skip by him for a two-base error that allowed one run to score. Then he lost a fly ball off Juan Centenos bat, turning it into an RBI triple.Danny Santana followed with a run-scoring single.The first one was hit really hard and I missed (it) in my glove, and the second one, I (didnt) know where the ball was, Gomez said. We lost the game because of that. I feel worse than anyone in this clubhouse.Duffey (7-8) permitted one run on four hits and struck out eight to win his second straight start. Three relievers combined for three hitless innings, and Brandon Kintzler finished for his 10th save in 11 chances.I feel like Ive been a lot more consistent, Duffey said. Thats the biggest thing -- my arm slot, release point, everything like that feels really good. Felt strong, and stuff was going where I wanted it to.Polanco, called up from the minors when the Twins traded All-Star infielder Eduardo Nunez to San Francisco, has hit .378 with six RBI in nine games since being recalled.Meanwhile, Molitor said Rosario will get a look in center field after the team sent Byron Buxton to Triple-A on Sunday. Rosario has hit .461 with four RBI in six games as the starting center fielder.Those guys are picking us up, Molitor said of Polanco, Rosario and Santana. Cant say enough about Polanco so far, just the quality of at-bats and what hes doing for us.Collin McHugh (7-9) gave up three runs and 10 hits in seven innings, losing his third straight start. The Astros have dropped 10 of their past 13 games and are averaging 2.28 runs during that stretch.FINDING A SPOTPolancos offense hasnt been much of a question mark for the Twins, but the organization has tried to find the right position for the 23-year-old Dominican infielder. Hes spent time at second base, third and shortstop.After five straight games at third, Polanco moved to shortstop on Monday with third baseman Trevor Plouffe returning to the lineup. Minnesota is unsettled at shortstop after trading Nunez. Eduardo Escobar has received most of the playing time at the position since the trade.Maybe one of the better games Ive ever seen him play at short, Molitor said of Polanco. He was clean, finished, threw with confidence. It was a good night for him all-around.TRAINERS ROOMPlouffe started at third base after missing 32 games with a broken rib. He went 1 for 4.UP NEXTHector Santiago (10-5, 4.37 ERA) makes his first home start for the Twins on Tuesday night. The left-hander was acquired from the Los Angeles Angels at the trade deadline and gave up four runs on five hits over five innings in his Minnesota debut at Cleveland. Houston counters with RHP Mike Fiers (7-5, 4.34), who tied a season high with seven strikeouts but took the loss against Toronto in his last appearance. Stitched College Jerseys . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Cheap NCAA Jerseys China . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. http://www.cheapcollegejerseys.us.org/ . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left.Classic F1 races will return to Sky Sports F1 screens in 2016 and our first theme will involve our very own world champion Damon Hill. From a shortlist of 10, we are looking for you to vote for your favourite Hill race, with the top three to be screened in reverse order on Friday March 11, Saturday March 12 and Sunday March 13.Maybe its Hills maiden win in Hungary in 1993 that will get your vote or an emotional victory for Williams in Spain after the tragic evennts of San Marino in 1994. Wholesale College Jerseys. Perhaps it is his sole British GP win, or the joyous scenes of winning the world championship in Japan in 1996.Or maybe it wasnt a win at all, but rather challenging F1s elite in an Arrows Yamaha at the Hungaroring in 1997.Vote for your favourite by clicking on the corresponding picture below. Also See: Race sim analysis Whats F1s pecking order? ' ' ' 
Share: