hmaker Joe Silva announced he would le | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 16
Hes lost his two plantaris tendons, but West Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui is adamant hell have lost none of his explosive leap later this season when he makes his AFL return. Cheap Puma Shoes Online .Naitanui had the plantaris tendon in both feet removed last month in a bid to ease achilles tendon soreness.The 2012 All Australian resumed running on Tuesday and would build up in coming weeks with the aim of being back by round 19 or 20.Naitanui possesses the best leap in the competition and says its an asset that wont be affected despite his surgery.The tendon that they did remove, doesnt really play a particular role in your body, Naitanui said on Wednesday.Im not really concerned. Its just more of a confidence thing with my body and being back out there.Im pretty comfortable that Ill be right in the next few weeks.I think Ill be pain-free for the remainder of the year that I come back for.Naitanui revealed he required mid-week painkilling injections earlier this season to be able to play.He was so sore after some games, he was forced onto crutches.That plantaris tendon that was taken out on either side was getting pretty angry and inflamed, Naitanui said.When that got more swollen, it was rubbing against my achilles tendon and making me pretty sore.Naitanui has been a frustrated onlooker for the past two games since undergoing surgery but says his recovery has been going well.Obviously, you guys saw me on that silly little bike-scooter thing the other day. Its always good fun to get on that when theres a crowd around, he said.I started running again yesterday. Only slowly, but its forward steps from being in a wheelchair only a couple of weeks ago.Im feeling pretty good and pretty confident in my body at the moment.I couldnt put a definite date on it, but were looking around round 19, round 20, to make that return.West Coasts top-four hopes go on the line on Sunday when they take on North Melbourne at Domain Stadium.In the absence of Naitanui, the Eagles face a major test to halt the influence of the Kangaroos All-Australian ruckman Todd Goldstein.Naitanui helped launch the AFLs multicultural round on Wednesday.The Eagles will wear special warm-up guernseys this week featuring a design inspired by Naitanuis Fijian heritage. Wholesale Puma Shoes . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Clearance Puma Shoes . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. http://www.cheapshoespuma.com/ . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. The UFC underwent significant layoffs on Tuesday, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.The moves come less than four months after the UFC announced a $4 billion sale to California-based talent agency WME-IMG. According to sources, layoffs took place at the UFCs headquarters in Las Vegas, as well as internationally.One of those affected was chief global brand officer Garry Cook, who joined the UFC in 2012. Cook released a statement to ESPN on Tuesday.This has been a magnificent experience with one of the greatest sports enterprises of the modern day, the statement read. I am thankful and proud to have played a part in their brand story working with [former CEO] Lorenzo Fertitta, [president] Dana White, [COO] Lawrence Epstein and all the talented individuals att the UFC. Wholesale Authentic Puma Shoes. With the new leadership from WME-IMG, the next era of continuing to redefine the global sports landscape is very exciting. I wish them well delivering on their vision for success.According to a report from MMAJunkie.com, the UFC was set to lay off under 15 percent of its total staff, which is approximately 400 employees.White, who received an owners share in the sale, has stayed on as president with a five-year deal. Longtime matchmaker Joe Silva announced he would leave the company at the end of 2016. Director of communications Dave Sholler also announced recently he would depart next month for a position with the Philadelphia 76ers. ' ' '
Share: